Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Warm and fluffy display ads

Real people in the real world as in digital world on the whole hate banner ads I think they're on a par of next doors dog craping on your doorstep especially when they are just blanket buys and have no real creative idea usually that's a good 80%, the other 20% are mostly on bannerblog or in OneShow so I'm not saying all but you get my point so imagine my pleasure when I came across this little idea where you replace your banners and turn everyday web browsing into donations that support green initiatives and movement for positive social change.The site is called Do Good I love this as it is appealing to my better nature and trying to save the world rather than save $1 on your next purchase. Since I downloaded the software I have clicked on nearly 20 different banner ads, and shock horror there's no hardsell and throbbing starbursts or type just a powerful targeted message that in most instances I want to find out more, I can't help myself but I know each time I click I'm helping someone else, it's a beautiful thing.


No comments: