Thursday, June 3, 2010

Race a marketing director




Well it's that time again with the Blackmores Sydney Running Festival approaching and now is the time to get some mileage under your belt.

Just finished the Balmoral Burn last week my legs aren't exactly jumping with joy on another run at the moment but as all runners say; 'I have some time to the next one'.

Last year I ran the half in the event and it was great day yes I would say that as Blackmores are one of my clients but this is a must for anyone in Sydney at that time who wants to run a race - and what a race, with the bridge closed and finishing outside the Opera House, you can't get much better.

Anyway to my point as I ran last year live tweeting I wanted to do something different again this year and this idea popped into my head while running home the other night.

CHALLENGE:

As Creative Director and having worked on a vast array of products and brands over the years from soft drinks to washing up liquid I have a bit of experience when it comes to coming up with ideas around marketing. SO get on with it Kev and stop blowing your own trumpet, your point is?

Well, I will give any marketing director a campaign idea for their brand or product IF they beat me in this year's Blackmores Sydney Half in September. Prove will be determined by the 'relive the glory' video that gets posted up after the event.

I will if beaten work and give you a timeframe on a campaign that I will scamp and show how it will work online via a site, social media, rich media and offline if you fancy, up for it? well post here your name and job title etc and confirmation of entry and let the challenge begin.

My best time for a half 1:17 and last year while tweeting ran 1:25

# No ringers will be acceptable only the marketing director can take the challenge also if I get nailed by say 50 MD's I will sit down and work through a timetable on delivery. (And yes this will be all done at weekends).

If I beat you then the only thing I ask would be a suitable donation to my surf club North Steyne Surf Club

No comments: