Sunday, July 31, 2011
1. Create context (label and tag the videos to help with searching)
2. Encourage snacking (which is the term they use for displaying related videos around the main video)
3. Produce for the medium (i.e. short form content, bearing in mind not all genres are equal).
a. Av length is 2.6 mins. (In a 2010 report from Cisco, 30% of Internet traffic is currently video. By 2013, 90% of Internet traffic will be video.)
b. Less videos provide fictional narrative and drama more at news, paparazzi video, individual personalities.
4. Use internet distribution.
a. Allow consumers to embed your videos.
b. Organise syndication with internet video distributors.
5. Monetize (for non branded sites)
a. Need to thinking through how to integrate 15 sec pre-rolls.
b. For brands, the creation of 15 sec pre-rolls is an important strategy